Civil ceremony documents
The following documents are required to get married in Denmark. These allow us to have your civil ceremony and ensure its legality. We provide the Notice of Marriage form, while the rest are documents that you have or need to obtain. Danish authorities accept English, German and Danish documents. If your documents are not in any of these languages, you need to get them translated by an authorized translator.
Print, fill out, scan and send all documents to us. When you come to Denmark, you must bring the original documents. If you have any questions or problems regarding the process or documents – contact us.
- Notice of Marriage – English, Deutch
- Passport or national identification card (also Schengen visa if you have such)
- Birth certificates (only if available)
- Civil/Marital status certificates – maximum 4 months from date of issue (check with us if you can’t obtain one from your country of residence)
- Apostille service posted with DHL within Europe: 150 Euro (Apostille service posted with DHL outside of Europe: 200 Euro)
Documents from some countries require further authorisation which we will be able to advise on.
(If you have been married before, you will also need to send a divorce or death certificate.)
Send your documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. We consider this a confirmation of your booking. Once we have checked the documents and ensured that everything is in order, we will proceed to forward the documents to the authorities. Cancellation of your wedding once we have submitted your documents, will incur a charge of € 200.
Magical Weddings charges 50euro per additional letter that we are instructed by couples to write – for example, to relevant embassies on their behalf. The standard paperwork and contact with the Danish authorities is included in all our packages. The 50euro fee applies to written communication that falls beyond our standard service.
You must arrive no later than 3 pm the day before the wedding with your original documents.
See our FAQ or What to expect for more information and you may of course always contact us.