What to expect
We would like to take you through a typical wedding day at Højerup – so you will know what to expect at each step of the journey.
- If you have opted for the transfer service from Copenhagen or another pickup point on Zealand, you will be met and transported to your accommodation.
- You arrive at your hotel or guest house no later than 3 pm the day before your wedding ceremony. This is to obtain the proper signatures and file the forms within office hours of the civil service office. A representative of Magical Weddings will meet you at Stevns council town hall. We take care of all paperwork and making sure everything is in order. Any booking of additional services, such as hairdresser or flower arrangements may be discussed and finalized.
- When it is time for your ceremony, if it is arranged, a representative of Magical Weddings will meet you at your hotel and take you by car to Old Højerup Church, which will at this time already be decorated according to your wishes and arrangements with Magical Weddings.
- We will arrange for the church to be closed to other visitors for the duration of your wedding ceremony.
- As you exit the church, sparkling wine or champagne and cake is set up and served outside.
- All papers are signed and attested at the ceremony – you leave with your marriage certificate in hand.
- If arranged, transfers are organised to take you either back to your hotel or other accommodation or to lunch at a nearby restaurant, according to your arrangements. This is also the point where you may opt for a session with a photographer or a luxurious ride around the countryside in a horse drawn carriage.
- Whether your wedding party consists of four, 74 or 124 guests, we are happy to accommodate you and cater to all your needs.